To add or change the bank account linked with your CI Direct Investing account, you will need to do the following:
- Log onto your account, go to the “Profile” page by clicking on your name located on the top right hand corner.
- Click “Bank accounts” on the left hand side column.
- When you are on the page, you will need to click “Change” next to your account information.
- You will then brought to a secure third party provider to verify you bank account information. From there, you will be prompted with instructions on how to proceed.
If your bank isn't listed or if you'd prefer to add or change your bank account manually:
- Go to your Documents page
- Click Upload a File
- Select a copy of a void cheque or pre-authorized debit form (PAD) and
- Repeat the process and select an image of a valid piece of Identification such as Drivers Licence or Passport
If you hold more than one account, please let us know which account you would like to update by including a note in the description box when you upload the files.
Depending on your account, we may also request additional information to verify and process the change. Once the bank account has been changed, we will send you an email confirmation.
Please note, you can only have one bank account linked to a CI Direct Investing account at a time.
If you require any further assistance on this issue, please contact us.