Changes to the Relationship Disclosure Information
As of June 28, 2021
How has the Relationship Disclosure Information changed?
We reformatted the disclosure to make it easier to read and understand in order to provide you with greater transparency about our policies. We also added some new disclosures, and made a few changes to our policies.
These are the material changes that may impact how we work with you.
We added information about:
- the financial planning services we provide you
- our team approach to providing you with advice and service
- how often we invest cash in your account
- how we calculate and charge our management fees
- the impact of fees on your return, specifically that “the management fee we charge reduces the return of your account over time”
- added a link to a new page with our most recent fee schedule
- management expense ratio (MER) fees charged by third parties
- foreign exchange fees charged when we convert foreign currency in your account
- monitoring our employees’ outside business activities to ensure they don’t “impair our ability to serve you and is consistent with our duty to deal fairly, honestly, and in good faith with you.”
We removed or changed some details:
- changed “no-load mutual funds” to “commission-free mutual funds” for greater clarity
- removed references to “cashflow” and “tax-efficient” from our investment strategy and replaced them with a more detailed explanation that we “offer a variety of portfolios tailored to your needs and preferences, including low-cost portfolios of ETFs, portfolios with access to private investments, socially responsible impact investing portfolios, and more.”
- changed the “Clean Tech” optional add-on to “thematic investment exposure” to better reflect current and future add-ons that may be available
- moved information about the Risks of Investing to their own page
- updated our explanation of a conflict of interest as “any circumstance where the interests of a client and those of CI Direct Investing or individuals acting on our behalf are inconsistent or divergent.”
- updated our Conflict of Interest policy to clarify that “we take reasonable steps to identify and respond to material conflicts of interest and conflicts that are reasonably foreseeable.”
- moved our Personal Trading Policy to its own section
- updated the list of CI Direct Investing affiliates to “CI Global Asset Management, CI Private Counsel LP, Assante Financial Management Ltd., CI Direct Investing Inc., CI Investment Services Inc., Assante Connect Inc., One Capital Management LLC, Aligned Capital Partners Inc., Lawrence Park Asset Management Ltd. and Marret Asset Management Inc.”
As of August 5, 2020
How has the Relationship Disclosure document changed?
We’ve recently updated our Relationship Disclosure document to provide you with
greater transparency on our policies.
The following includes material changes and their implications to investors as a
result of this update:
- Deposits to your CI Direct Investing account may be held for up to 30 days before they can be withdrawn in order to prevent fraud and identity theft. Since we are an investment management firm not meant for short term trading, our clients do not typically withdraw funds within this window.
- WealthBar Financial Services Inc. now does business as CI Direct Investing ("CI Direct Investing").